rating button

Southwark Council would like to use cookies to store information on your computer, to improve our website. Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the site to operate and have already been set.

You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy notice.

Jump to content | Change font size and colours |

| or register?

Choose a service...

Welcome to our new website!

You’ve probably noticed that things have changed a bit. We haven’t finished updating all our pages yet, so some sections are still using this design. Please bear with us...

Social care comments and complaints

Formal complaints

If we are unable to resolve your concern informally, you may want to make a complaint. The complaints team can be contacted at sscomplaints@southwark.gov.uk, or on 0207 525 3977.

We want to learn from complaints, and we use all our feedback to make recommendations for ways to improve the service you receive.

The complaints team can;

  • Give you information about the complaints process
  • Support you to make a complaint
  • Signpost you to the right service, if we cannot assist

Please leave your name, a short message and a contact number or email address.

Local Government Ombudsman (LGO)

If you are not satisfied with the response to your complaint, you can approach the LGO.

The LGO is independent of the council, and investigates complaints about councils and adult social care providers (such as care homes).

Since 1 October 2010 the LGO has powers to deal with complaints from people who self fund or arrange their own personal adult social care.

The LGO's role means that adults who arrange and pay for their own care, or have a personalised budget, will have the same access to the independent complaints service as those people who have had their care arranged and funded by local authorities.

For more information about the LGO service, visit http://www.lgo.org.uk/ or call 0300 061 0614.

Complaints about Hospitals or other NHS Services

If you want to make a complaint about a hospital, district nurse or some Mental Health services, you will need to contact that hospital directly as each hospital has their own process.

How you make comments or complaints about NHS services in Southwark depends on which service it is about:

GP, Dentist, Pharmacy, Optician, The service provider or NHS England - London region
Tel: 0300 311 22 33
Email: england.contactus@nhs.net

NHS Southwark CCG  Southwark CCG Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) or Complaints service
Tel: 0800 456 1517
Email: slcsu.complaints@nhs.net 

Healthwatch Southwark has useful advice and resources about how to complain about NHS Services.

Bookmark this page

Share this page

Patient Advice and Liaison Service

Tel: 080 0587 7170


Complaints - Health and Social Care

Address: PO Box 64529

Tel: 0207 0525 3977



Contact us

Southwark Council
PO BOX 64529
London SE1P 5LX

Useful contacts...

Follow us What is this?

  • RSS feed
  • youTube channel
  • twitter account
  • facebook fan
  • flickr photostream