rating button

Southwark Council would like to use cookies to store information on your computer, to improve our website. Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the site to operate and have already been set.

You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy notice.

Jump to content | Change font size and colours |

| or register?

Choose a service...

Welcome to our new website!

You’ve probably noticed that things have changed a bit. We haven’t finished updating all our pages yet, so some sections are still using this design. Please bear with us...

Southwark Council

Southwark provides home care services for adults who live alone or are vulnerable. We help and assist those with non-residential care to continue living at home as safely and independently as possible.

We do this through a combination of home care contracts and people directing their own care through a self-directed personal budget.

Our current homecare contracts will be ending this summer so we have been out to tender in order to enter into new contracts.

The tender has been completed and the new contracts are with London Care Plc and Enara Community Care.

If you have any questions or want to talk about what is going to happen please contact our special home care transfer team. Our teams can also come out and visit you to talk to you (your family, support person or friends) about what is going to happen.

Do you currently receive home care services?

We want to ensure that people can exercise choice and control over the care and support they access. Therefore we will write to everyone who currently receives home care services to tell you about the changes and to find out the best way for your care to be delivered. You will be able to choose a personal budget that is:

  • Self directed,  you choose who will deliver your care. This may be a home care agency of your choice or to hire a personal assistant.
  • Council managed, we can continue to arrange your care and will ask either London Care Plc or Enara Community Care to start working with you.
  • Mixed management. This is a mix of the first two options. For example, you might want to arrange your own home care but have us continue to organise your other services.

Can't manage your own personal budget?

There are many different ways a self-directed personal budget can work. You can get help to work out what care you need, you can ask someone else to manage the budget on your behalf, and there are different ways their personal budget can be paid.

If you are interested in this option, we can talk to you about what you want to do and advise you of the options available to help you.

What about the care workers?

If a care worker works for a provider who won't have a contract anymore they may be able to move to work for the new provider. There are rules about how this works and their employer will talk to them about this so they can decide what they want to do.

How can I get homecare services?

If you are not getting help at the moment but you think you need this to remain living independently in your own home, please contact us on 020 7525 3324 or click here for more information.


Bookmark this page

Share this page

Home care

Address: PO Box 64529

Tel: 020 7525 3800



Contact us

Southwark Council
PO BOX 64529
London SE1P 5LX

Useful contacts...

Follow us What is this?

  • RSS feed
  • youTube channel
  • twitter account
  • facebook fan
  • flickr photostream