rating button

Southwark Council would like to use cookies to store information on your computer, to improve our website. Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the site to operate and have already been set.

You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy notice.

Jump to content | Change font size and colours |

| or register?

Choose a service...

Welcome to our new website!

You’ve probably noticed that things have changed a bit. We haven’t finished updating all our pages yet, so some sections are still using this design. Please bear with us...

Moving home


If you are a Southwark council or housing association tenant and want to move to another council, housing association or housing cooperative home within Southwark, you must first complete an application to join the housing register. You must have local connection to the borough in order to qualify to join the scheme. This can include having lived in the borough for the last 5 years, employment in the borough or have a medical requirement to reside in the borough. For further information on the scheme please see our summary by clicking here.

You can register for the scheme through our online self service system, MySouthwark.

We may have to interview you so we can check your documents. Interviews last about 15 minutes and give you a chance to ask us any questions that you have.

We will let you know if we need to see you when we contact you about your completed application. 

Bookmark this page

Share this page

Housing options

Tel: 020 7525 5950



Contact us

Southwark Council
PO BOX 64529
London SE1P 5LX

Useful contacts...

Follow us What is this?

  • RSS feed
  • youTube channel
  • twitter account
  • facebook fan
  • flickr photostream