rating button

Southwark Council would like to use cookies to store information on your computer, to improve our website. Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the site to operate and have already been set.

You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy notice.

Jump to content | Change font size and colours |

| or register?

Choose a service...

Welcome to our new website!

You’ve probably noticed that things have changed a bit. We haven’t finished updating all our pages yet, so some sections are still using this design. Please bear with us...


Southwark Council issues many types of licence and certificates. Some are dealt with by our food team or our highways team. Most licences relating to business premises are dealt with by the licensing unit itself.

You can apply for a licence online or find out more about different types of licence on our application pages.

Licensing law allows the public to object to some types of licensing applications. Current applications are accessible through our licensing register.

Businesses that wish to carry out noisy work outside of normal working hours (particularly on Sundays, evenings or early mornings) must get permission from the Southwark Noise Team before the work starts.

Apply to carry out work out of hours.

Bookmark this page

Share this page

Licensing service

Tel: 020 7525 2000

Fax: 020 7525 5705



Contact us

Southwark Council
PO BOX 64529
London SE1P 5LX

Useful contacts...

Follow us What is this?

  • RSS feed
  • youTube channel
  • twitter account
  • facebook fan
  • flickr photostream