rating button

Southwark Council would like to use cookies to store information on your computer, to improve our website. Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the site to operate and have already been set.

You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy notice.

Jump to content | Change font size and colours |

| or register?

Choose a service...

Welcome to our new website!

You’ve probably noticed that things have changed a bit. We haven’t finished updating all our pages yet, so some sections are still using this design. Please bear with us...

Council budgets and spending


Our budget and finances 2016/17

This year the council has £311m to deliver services. Council tax has not increased, but in order to balance our budget, the council has had to make difficult decisions about spending.

Find out more about the council's budget and how your money is being spent.

Government grant will fund 68 per cent of the council's budget this year, the remaining 32 per cent coming from council tax. Read where our resources come from.


Bookmark this page

Share this page

 

Contact us

Southwark Council
PO BOX 64529
London SE1P 5LX

Useful contacts...

Follow us What is this?

  • RSS feed
  • youTube channel
  • twitter account
  • facebook fan
  • flickr photostream