You’ve probably noticed that things have changed a bit. We haven’t finished updating all our pages yet, so some sections are still using this design. Please bear with us...
The Elmington resident steering group
The Elmington resident steering group (ERSG) (now disbanded), two tenants and resident associations met regularly at Owgan Close to consult on development proposals for the Elmington regeneration project.
The Elmington resident steering group consisted of the following:
- Tenants and leaseholders from the blocks affected by the regeneration proposals
- The chairs of the Poet's Corner and Mid-Elmington tenant and resident associations
- The Camberwell East Area Forum chair
- Council officers
The role of the Elmington resident steering group ensured meaningful resident engagement in decision making on all aspects of the redevelopment of the Elmington Estate. The Resident steering group made deputations to the Council which influenced the contents of the residents aspirational document for estate regeneration. They also regularly updated local residents effected by the scheme over meetings, area forum meetings and other events.
The Elmington resident steering group were instrumental in
- Influencing the design of the Benhill Nature Garden
- Evaluation of architectural plans for developers shortlisted for the scheme.
- Monitoring the impact of regeneration on the community
The minutes of Elmington RSG meetings are a matter of public record.